GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Many partings

Last week was a week of farewells. Farewell to family...





friends…






coworkers…



pets...



(All this was played against the backdrop of Roxy repeating “I can’t believe we are leaving. This is so weird!” every now and then.)

We had a wonderful lunch with coworkers at a very nice steak restaurant, where, alas, I could not partake of the steak to Carrie’s utter disappointment.

To top it all off, our church family made our last Sunday at church very special. Pastor Daniel delivered a message of advice and encouragement for us and food for thought for everyone else. The message was followed by a slide show, which, as I later learned, took a lot of time and effort by a group of conspirators to put together. Yes, Donna and Angela, I heard about those trips to Apple store and tryouts at Monday practice… The slide show was wonderful and made everyone teary-eyed. Then everyone prayed for us… I am humbled by so much love. I love you guys right back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home