GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Monday, August 07, 2006

WEBLESS

It’s been almost a week now that we are without Internet. The entire country has no connection. Know why? Because there is just ONE phone company here, same one that provides the access to all various providers in Armenia. No matter who you sign up with, you are connecting through ArmenTel. And if ArmenTel is down… yeah, you got it. It has been turbulent at the company, what with the ownership changing and all, but WHAT HAVE I GOT TO DO WITH IT??? And you would think you can hold someone responsible for me missing work assignments (which I get via e-mail) and Vicky having a major cow, but nooooo! Kinda sad, don’t you think? Even now, as I write this blog, I have no idea when I should be able to post it. GR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-rf!!!!!!!


Just venting.

On a more positive note, we are now having our cat vaccinated, immunized and all that. I do believe she must be around 8 weeks old now, but the vet should be able to tell us for sure.

And, it is now almost certain that Roxy will have to be home schooled, unless by God’s grace I find a job at the US embassy. The only English language school in Armenia is at the US embassy, and that is free only for embassy and US AID employees. Everyone else pays 1200 bucks a months, and that only if you are a US citizen legally employed in Armenia. Otherwise, don’t even waste your 25 cents getting to the embassy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home