GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Friday, November 17, 2006

School at last

On Monday, I found out that I got accepted to QSI (quality schools international.) I was also informed that I would be starting on Tuesday. So I went out, bought a few school supplies, and went the next day. My "homeroom" was really nice. There are 5 girls and 4 boys. One girl is from Norway, one is from Uzbekistan, one is from India, and one is from Greece. And there are two Armenian guys, one half japanese -half dutch guy, and an Iranian guy. In some of my classes, there are only 3 girls. I’m taking geography and algebra 2 alone, online, in a small computer room with two other students doing something else. Yeah. Anyway, for a first day, it went pretty well. One of the first things I noticed was not only the difference in size (this school is tiny), but also how free everything was. I mean, some kids stay in the classroom for the next class, some leave. They go in and out as they please sometimes, and there are no bells between classes. Only after recess and lunch, but that's a real bell rung by a real person. Basically, it's less restricted in some respects. Still, it’s a very good school. It’s hard to describe the atmosphere there, but I like it.
I have to ride the mini- bus with a bunch of little kids who are usually very noisy. But some were very polite and introduced themselves.
Yeah, I have alot of catching up to do, but so far it's going great. Well, enough rambling.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy! Please say a warm hello to your Mom and your Sis for us here at Deluxe Digital in Burbank. Alls the same here. Its been a warm Thanksgiving week. Pretty busy at the office of course' Many changes, many new faces-you would not recognize anyone. I shave the beard months ago and I look very handsome now.
I hope Yerevan does not have a very cold winter. How is your Mom doing? Please send her our best. Olivia is doing well..and so is her daughter, Kim-I am pleaseed to report. Tell your Mom I still have the old 1973 Dodge Dart. It's running really well--I only need to have some body work done to fix it up as the front fender is banged up on the passenger side from an accident last year.Anyway, all my best to everyone. Will we see youin California in 2007? How about 2008? If oyu make it back for a visit call me and we'll get everyoneotgether and go to dinner or lunch. P.S. Say Hello to Hedgie for me...tell him his long lost cousin Steve misses him in the states!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home