GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The elevated style and unnecessary capitalization of the offer below sounded so amusing, that I decided to post it here - maybe it will amuse someone else beside myself. I didn't change a word, only deleted the name of the travel agency - no need to embarass them.

Distinguished Sir/Madam,

I am happy to inform you that "... TRAVEL" offers you its services different and interesting in kinds. We are pleased to be engaged with Tourism and also provide our guests with Air tickets service. Our Travel Agency will surely make the Tour Package of your wish developing the tourism both inside and outside of Armenia. Moreover, we can arrange your short, a few days trip around the country to spend your winter vocation. Besides you can turn to us if you need to Rent a Car. Any car which will appear to be appropriate to be rented by you will undoubtedly be at your disposal.

Alongside with these offers we also have such services as , CapitalConstruction, as well. Dear Sir/Madam, Any of these services is realized by our Agency friendly but professionally.

7 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger shooosh said...

RIDICULOUS! Can Armenia hire me as the national grammar+spelling checker? Now there's a job I'd LOOOVE! lol

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... are you guys coming back any time soon?

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Arakso said...

well, gee, it's about time someone from home commented on our blog. and you want us to go back home...

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Ankakh_Hayastan said...

Not the best English out there but it sure is better than some of the stuff I've come across in China.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!
happy new year~~~!!

I guess you're not coming back any time soon? I'm still stuck in Michigan... :o)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger parandzem said...

send me an email maryam. this is paro.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Arakso said...

To Nazarian-speaking of China, have you seen the post about the "wizardly duster" from China and the instructions that came with it? Check it out, it's sure to tickle your funny bone. I think it's in June 2006.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home