GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Friday, February 01, 2008

What's new

January was a difficult month – cold and very busy. Compared to last winter, which was long and snowy, but not TOO cold, this one was dry and FREEZING. (Good thing my house is warm!). Two days ago the weather finally changed, it got warmer and snowed, so now we get sludge in the afternoon and ice at night. Every morning the traffic slows to a crawl, trying to stay steady on solid ice. City sends trucks to spread sand on the roads the old fashioned way – two guys with shovels stand in the back of the truck and throw sand on the road at equal intervals. Too bad I don’t have my camera (it’s still dead and no hope of fixing it anytime soon!!!)

Another piece of news is that I am finally getting a replacement for my current job and will be moving to a different department soon. Hopefully, the move will go a long way in saving me from a nervous breakdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home