GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

About cameras...


I decided to answer Angela's comment about buying a camera as a separate post, maybe I will get some feedback on it.

What dSLR should I buy? Considering I have a set of nice Minolta lenses (25-80 and 75-300) that I used to use with my Maxxum 5 about 4-5 years back, I was considering getting a Konica Minolta dSLR for starters... Then I went online and realized the camera is now obsolete, because Minolta sold the photography division to Sony. There are still used Minolta 7d bodies floating around on Ebay and Amazon, but I am not sure if I will be able to get service for them a year from now. On the other hand, the body and the lenses I have now are not worth enough to sell them and get a different brand with similar lenses. Or, to put it differently, the lenses are worth more if I keep them, than if I sell them.

Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home