GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What am I looking at?

That white nothingness down there is not a snow desert - it's lake Sevan in all its winter glory. The winter was harsh this year, so the lake is frozen over. It was fun walking on the ice, looking into dark cold water in ice-holes and playing snowballs with the soft flaky snow.


The locals make ice-holes for fishing - somewhere under all that ice the delicious trout and white fish is hiding. We took a trip to Sevan with a group of my coworkers and their families for the specific purpose of having some fresh barbequed fish. We had it, and let me tell you - it was good!

That - on the following photo - is a pier. Normally, it's propped in the middle of lapping waves...







3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Angela said...

AWESOME PICS and what a beautiful view there.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Donna Flores said...

Awesome pics, makes me almost want to go there! :-D

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Arakso said...

Be my guests, both of you. Literally! I have a couple of spare sofas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home