GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nonsence

My house phone doesn't ring too often. Most of my friends call my cell or e-mail me. So, when the phone does ring, 9 out of 10 times it is to present me with some nonsensical marketing offer. For telemarketers, it's blind shooting - they may hit the target, or they may miss. Being somewhat unconventional I rarely present a proper target, so all their calls do is irritate and amuse me in turn.

- This is the second reminder that your vehicle factory warranty may have expired...

(Until a few days ago, I didn't even have a vehicle.)


- This call is regarding your credit card account...

(What credit card account?)

- Hello and congratulations! You were selected to receive a free prescription card!

(Great! only I don't take any prescription medications.)

- We would like to present a great opportunity to reduce your unsecured debt...

(This one was a live person calling, so I told him I have no unsecured debt. He didn't believe me. - - No student loans? credit cards? medical bills?
I told him I got none of those. He then asked me if any of my family members may be in need of their services. Receiving a negative answer, he hung up, convinced that I lied to him. I didn't.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home