GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Saturday, June 17, 2006

6-12-06 - ARE WE THERE YET? (by Roxy)

Yeah. So we’re here, in Armenia. Well, physically I’m here, but mentally, I’m still in America. When we’re not out somewhere, I sit in my room and listen to music or play games on my mom’s cell phone. I listen to songs we sing at church, and it makes me so homesick. Especially when I listen to “Homesick” by Mercyme. Everything’s so different here. People stare. a lot. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like an animal in a zoo. You know, one of those exotic ones that everyone wants to look at? I wish I could just crawl into my cave and hide from everyone. And the stuff!! That’s a whole other story!!! Did you know you can buy a roll of toilet paper here for about 13 cents? And they have many of the brand names that we have in America, only they’re tweaked a bit. Honestly, some of the stuff here just makes me laugh. My mom brought home a “Wizardly DUSTER” today, and the label made me split my sides laughing. Here is some of the stuff written on the package it came in (and I quote):

Throw out old clout or plume clearance, with now use Static Duster clearance not at all spend labor.
Nowhere absent dust let you bother, use Static Duster let you bother a sweep light.
lightly sweep fiber, curtain, TV, and so on, dust cling in Static Duster up, or forcibly yawing, dust dissipation in air-mid.
Let you can see no way cleaning difficulty place, such as wardrobe rear, car interior, computer keyboard etc, as long as Static Duster lightly a-put dust a sweep light.
Static Duster yet distension- to immediately clean out lightness- equipment, such as electric fan folium, TV screen, cobwebs etc and more.

(having fun reading these? The duster is made in China. Ha ha ha ha.)

Easy to clean, out of doors yawing or hand washing, and blow turf.
Prohibit cleaning heat object, such as lit light bulbs.
Directions for use: handful Duster of brush of kernel nearby fiber, TV, clothing, textile, and so on, lightly turn surface namely may, in cleaning finalize rear, handful Duster bring to out of doors yawing or by means of cleanser to clean and blow steam.

Product quality: lastest advanced technology project manufacture, elect stuff goodness, quality three bale. Product may custom made, magnitude no go begging, too may come sample custom made, free expansion pipe Duster, computer Duster, and so on.”

(No spelling mistakes here. I wrote it as it was written.)

I also saw a shirt in a store that said “Make love, not children.” Hmmmmm. Also, cigarettes are between 50 cents and a dollar here, per pack.
For my birthday, we went to Sevan lake. (not Sevan chicken.) It was fun, but I got burned pretty badly. I’m not peeling yet, though. All of you in America, cherish the sandy beaches. Here, the beach consisted of hard rocks and strange black stuff that looked like black seaweed but wasn’t. And I wont even mention how many times I hurt my feet on the lake ground. But it was worth it, because I got barbecue. Yummy. I’ll write more later when something worth writing about comes along, which will probably be the minute I step out of the door. Anyway, I’m not complaining.(hee hee. Cough cough.) well, bye for now, y’all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home