GOING HOME

One family's diary, journeys and thoughts

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Argh!!! (an angry post)

Have you ever gotten the feeling that every breath you take costs you money? I mean, it was bad enough before, but it has gotten so bad nowadays, I just can't stand it anymore!

Examples? Sure! I have been with Wells Fargo bank for many years, had all sorts of accounts with them before going to Armenia and was quite happy, so naturally after coming back I went straight there and opened an account again. Turns out, while I was away they started charging for phone banking. You call the bank toll-free, yes, but then a charge of $2.00 appears on your account once you call.

Then there is the auto insurance. I mean, you buy insurance, you pay monthly premium. Period? No, fine print. There is, with Mercury at least, an "installment fee" - they charge it every time you pay. So, for my first six months I am going to make 3 payments and they are going to charge me $10 for each. That comes up to more than 5% of the total premium! I asked them if I can avoid it, and they told me to pay in full - but only after the second bill was already mailed and the second "installment fee" charged. Argh!

Not to mention that my wonderful ex-landlady is trying to bill me for all her old sins...

As if the taxes weren't enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home